Most gyms have mirrors. The members mostly use those mirrors to check their techniques. At some gyms, members use the mirrors to check their make-up, their hair and their smiles.
That’s not our style at Olympia. We’ve put our mirrors to another use. They have become our Mirror Wall, a gallery of our high achievers.
We started listing the names of members who achieved two categories of free weight presses – 70kg and 80kg.
Since starting our Mirror Wall in 2006 it has become something of a holy grail. Olympia owner Paul tells of one guy who drove 2 hours from Bendigo to have a go at the 70kg mark. He did it, got back in his car and returned to Bendigo.
- “Big” Bobby Hanusyn 5 Reps (flat) 30/12/10
- Tim Batty – 4 Reps (incline) 25/04/06
- Tim Batty – 4 Reps (flat) 7/5/06
- Phillip Bennett 6 Reps (incline) 6/9/06
- Steve Wagner 4 Reps (flat) 21/1/08
- Paul Scicluna 6 Reps (incline) 25/1/08
- Alistair Harvey 6 Reps (flat) 16/4/08
- Paul Hanna 4 Reps (flat) 9/9/08
- Gerald James 5 Reps (flat) 14/9/08
- Danny McQuinn 5 Reps (flat) 1/11/08
- Matt Zappia (20yrs) 5 Reps (flat) 9/11/08
- Matt Wagner 6 Reps (flat) 16/12/08
- Jimmy Sadek 4 Reps (flat) 24/7/09
- Stephen Musca 4 Reps (flat) 10/2/10
- Bobby Hanusyn 6 Reps (flat) 29/11/10
- Doug Ryan (USA) 4 Reps (flat) 20/3/11
- Alfons Fiorindo 5 Reps (flat) 20/4/11